Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wishing for a Happily Ever After of My Own

So one of my internet friends is busy in AZ awaiting the birth of her son today. While I am overjoyed at the possibility that their adoption journey may finally have a happy ending, I can't help but feel sad that our own adoption pursuits thus far have proved unfruitful.

It's like this every time. Watching from the sidelines, some strange spectator to the world around me - ever watching everyone else craft their "happily ever afters".

*sigh*

I am trying to remain positive and hopeful. Praying that one day someone will look at us from the sidelines, with a weird cacophony of happiness and envy, as we greet our son or daughter. I keep on saying to myself one day that will be us. One day, we too will be successful.

I just wish that it were today.
Still hopeful that 2010 is our year.

No comments: